- Rooms Division Manager Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa 5* in Siem Reap, Cambodia, Aug 2013 – Aug 2015 (http://www.victoriahotels.asia/en/overview-angkor )
Two years in the position of Rooms and Division Manager, in charge of the Housekeeping dept., the Front Office Dept. and the Spa, my mission is to manage the day to day operation by supervising the daily tasks, reviewing the procedures and taking initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of my teams. I always have to keep in mind the financial objectives as well as guest’s satisfaction. Arrived in August 2013, I straight away oversaw the transition between Fidelio and Opera, then, I have been assigned to another function, Quality Management Representative for the ISO 9001:2008 certification, received on May 2014.
- Some figures:
• Tripadvisor satisfaction rate: 2012: 94.70%, 2013: 96.10%, 2014: 96.70%, 2015: 97.50%
• MIS: 2012: 95.07%, 2013: 97.00%, 2014: 97.19%, 2015: 99.04%
• Room revenue: 2012: 2,557,360$ 2013: 2,780,888$, 2014: 2,749,381$ (1 month closed) Budget 2015: 2,992,264$
- Front Office Manager Victoria Sapa Resort & Spa 4* in Sapa, Vietnam, February 2011 to August 2013 (2,5 years contract). ( http://www.victoriahotels.asia/en/overview-sapa )
As a first managerial position, being the FOM of the Victoria Resort in Sapa was a great experience. The challenge of this position is the guests’ management, all arriving early morning after a night in a train and 1 hour in a bus, with my team, we had to manage dozens of rooms checking in. I had to be diplomat and use tact to ensure the guest satisfaction and to be able to meet guests ‘requests. For a few months, the hotel was running without a Rooms Division Manager and an Executive Assistant Manager so I had to assist the general Manager in preparing the budget and the review of the PNL. I have been assigned the task of being in charge of the transition of hotel software between Fidelio and Opera, which offered me the opportunity to master this tool. The main tasks were: supervision, training, guest relation, problem solving, reporting, and planning. One of my prides is to have maintained the turnover rate low and increase staff skills and competencies.
- Housekeeping Supervisor Hotel de Crillon 5* (Leading Hotel of the World) Paris, France, May 2010 to November 2010. ( http://www.crillon.com/?l=en )
As Housekeeping supervisor in this prestigious Parisian Palace, I was in charge on a day to day basis, to organize and manage one or two floors. By managing 4 to 8 housekeepers on the floors, I had to make sure to meet the high standards of service to exceed guests expectations. The challenge here was to demonstrate diplomatic and negotiations skills (Unions) as well as strong organization.
- Management training Hotel Shangri-La 4* in Santa Monica, California, USA, March 2009 to March 2010 During MBA program. ( http://www.shangrila-hotel.com/ )
• Housekeeping Supervisor between 2 & 4 days a week, all year long.
• Front desk agent November 2009, full time
• Overhaul of the mini bar service from December 2009 to March 2010, half time (with housekeeping)
Front Desk Agent Esprit de France Group in Paris, France ( http://www.esprit-de-france.com/en/ )
− Hotel d’Orsay, Hotel Saint Severin, Hotel Aiglon 4* (October 2008 to February 2009)
− Hotel Mansart 4* (July 2008)
− Hotel des Saint Peres 4* (June 2008)
− Hotel Brighton 4* (September 2007)
Front Desk Training Mercure Simson Beach Hotel Saint Martin, Caribbean Islands
( http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-1100-mercure-st-martin-marina-and-spa/index.shtml )
December 2006 to April 2007
• Responsible of the invoicing and procedures for each incoming guest
• Book reservations and activities for guests
• Answer customers complaints, requests, and concerns
Rotational Trainee Hotel “Les Grandes Rousses” Alpe d’Huez, France
( http://www.hotelgrandesrousses.com/en/ )
December 2005 to April 2006
• Learned the basics of Food and Beverage
• Discovered passion for Hospitality
• Received well rounded training in both F&B and Front Office departments
Training Vatel restaurant Paris, France ( http://www.vatelrestaurants.com/index-gb.html )
September 2005 to June 2007 : (one week on two in training)
• First year: training on the luxury service basis.
• Second year: supervision of operations and training of coaching of 1st year students.
Master of Business Administration, Hospitality & Tourism Management
Vatel Los Angeles
o General business strategy
o Strategic marketing
o Sales and Marketing management
o Managing people and organizations
o Financial management
o Eco-trends in the leisure industry
o Approach to American HR laws and International Laws
2005 - 2008, 3 ans, European Bachelor Degree in International Hotel Management
Licence de Management du Tourisme, spécialité Hôtellerie internationale ,
Institut Vatel Ecole Supérieure de Commerce et Gestion Hôtellerie et Tourisme.
My passion for the hotel industry and my desire to succeed push me and motivate me to give the maximum of myself to exceed the expectations of my employer. My wish to evolve at an international level gives me the motivation to find opportunities and face challenges. My experiences in the different hotel’s departments gave me strong managerial basis, such as guest service, problem solving, planning and organizing, procedures improvement and strong financial skills... The final goal would be to own my hotel, but to achieve that objective; I have to go through all steps of hotel management in different environments and cultures. And the next one would be to integrate a larger luxury property.